Head of the 5th Internal Clinic of the Medical Faculty of Comenius University in Bratislava and the University Hospital in Bratislava, first Vice-Dean of Charles University for cooperation of the faculty with medical facilities, health care, specialization studies and representation of the dean of Charles University, and the field of endocrinology.
He also works at the Medical Faculty of Comenius University in Bratislava as the chairman of the examination commission for state final examinations (graduation) in internal medicine. He is the professional supervisor for teaching internal propaedeutics and internal medicine for the field of general medicine and also for specialized studies in the field of endocrinology. Simultaneously, he is the chairman of the examination commission for the specialization exam in the field of endocrinology.
He is also a member of the Academic Senate and the Scientific Board of the Medical Faculty of Comenius University in Bratislava, the examination commission for board certification in endocrinology at the Slovak Medical University in Bratislava, the editorial board of the journals Osteologický Bulletin, Slovenský lékař, Medical Monitor, Forum Diabetologicum, Via practica A member of the American Osteological Society, the American and European Endocrinological Society, the presidium of the Slovak Medical Society (SLS), where he is also the first Vice President.
He is an honorary memberof:
- Czech Medical Society of Jan Evangelista Purken,
- Slovak Orthopedic and Traumatological Society of the Slovak Medical Society,
- Society for Metabolic Diseases of the Skeleton of the Czech Medical Society of J.E. Purkyně and others.
He has received many awards and honors, from which we choose:
- Jessenius Slovak Medical Society (SLS) Award for the monograph titled Osteoporosis, Bratislava 2013,
- SLS Gold Medal for Merits for the Slovak Medical Society, Bratislava 2013,
- Literary Fund Award for Scientific and Professional Literature for 2012 in the category of biological and medical sciences,
- Jessenius SLS Award for the monograph titled Dictionary of Rheumatology, Bratislava 2010 and others.
He cooperates with MEDIREX GROUP ACADEMY on the project:
Long-term strategic research and development focused on the prevalence of Lynch syndrome in the population of the Slovak Republic and the possibilities of prevention of tumors associated with this syndrome.