Prof. Dr. Bálint Nagy D.Sc.
He currently works as the head of the Department of Human Genetics at the University of Debrecen.
Nagy is a world-renowned expert in human genetics and genetic diagnostics.
- He held the position of Head of the Department of Genetics at Semmelweis University in Budapest;
- He worked in the Department of Medical Genetics at Helsinki University Central Hospital;
- He also worked as a Visiting Fogarty Fellow at the National Institute of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA.
He is a member of many professional societies:
- Hungarian Gynecology society,
- The American Association for Clinical Chemistry,
- The New York Academy of Sciences,
- Hungarian Human Genetic Society,
- European Society of Human Genetics,
- European Society for Infectious Diseases in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
He was the president and founder of the Central-Eastern European Congress conferences on Free Nucleic Acids in Prenatal Diagnosis, which also took place in the Slovak Republic.
He has been a reviewer in renowned journals:
- The Lancet,
- Human Genetics,
- BioTechniques, Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases,
In 1995, he received the E. Strandjord Young Investigators Award from the Association of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists (USA) and in 2006, the prestigious award from the Hungarian Medical Society.