MEDIREX GROUP ACADEMY DIPLOMA THESIS AWARDS – CONDITIONS
MGA’s Diploma Thesis Awards are open to students of cooperating faculties, i.e. the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Natural Sciences of Comenius University and Pavol Jozef Šafárik University, provided that the pertaining thesis deals with a topic related to laboratory medicine. The Best Diploma Thesis Award will go to:
- a student of the Faculty of Medicine in the field of clinical biochemistry, haematology and blood transfusion, clinical immunology and allergology, and medical genetics. Each of the two diploma theses rewarded by MGA will receive financial support amounting to 1,000 €.
- a student of the Faculty of Natural Sciences in the field of medical genetics and clinical immunology. Each of the two diploma theses rewarded by MGA will receive financial support amounting to 1,000 €.
Students will be granted a lump sum in the amount determined by the Evaluation Committee depending on the total amount available for the relevant academic year; its maturity will be settled in a deed of gift.
Applications for grants can be submitted either by supervisors or students themselves.
Applications for grants must be delivered along with a hard copy of the diploma thesis to the Institute of Medical Biology, Genetics and Clinical Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University, Secretary of the Head of the Institute, 811 08 Bratislava, Sasinkova 4, 1st floor., tel. 02/59357 502, or sent by regular mail to MEDIREX GROUP ACADEMY, Galvaniho 17/C, 821 04 Bratislava.
Annexes to the Application:
- Summary and focus of the submitted diploma thesis
- Supervisor’s review and a reference validating the student’s exceptional interest in their study, research and development, or other activities.
- Structured CV signed by the student
- Opponent’s review.
Diploma theses will be considered by MGA’s Evaluation Committee (EC), which is composed of representatives of the academic community of the Faculty of Medicine, Comenius University, as well as Medirex representatives. Diploma theses will be shortlisted based on the submitted documentation.
The Committee will consider the following criteria:
- The focus of the diploma thesis and its contribution to laboratory diagnostics in the following fields:
- clinical biochemistry, haematology and blood transfusion, clinical immunology and allergology and medical genetics (students of the Faculty of Medicine)
- medical genetics and clinical immunology (students the Faculty of Natural Sciences)
- The pertaining supervisor’s review of the submitted diploma thesis.
- References from the Head or a lecturer of a faculty focused on laboratory diagnostics (Institute of Medical Chemistry, Biochemistry and Clinical Biochemistry, Institute of Immunology, Institute of Medical Biology, Genetics and Clinical Genetics…). References must validate the student’s interest in developing their qualification in the field or successful representation of the Faculty in student research activities or active participation in the activities and development of the Faculty and University and increasing the reputation of their Faculty and University.
- The degree of independence on the part of the student as far as processing materials and obtaining results is concerned.
The final list of all awarded students of the faculty will be published on:
- the faculty’s official notice board,
- the faculty website,
- the MEDIREX GROUP ACADEMY website.
Diploma theses will be comprehensively evaluated by the Evaluation Committee (EC), or an independent group of evaluators selected by the EC. Depending on the EC members’ decision, the evaluation process may involve the selected students’ active presentation and defence of their theses. None of the specified criteria are given priority. The final decision will lie exclusively with the EC – the members will decide whether to prefer this or that student’s performance during their studies, their results, or extracurricular activity.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.